The Art Gallery of New South Wales will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. You can browse our websites without disclosing personal information.
Our service provider makes a record of your visit and logs the following information, for statistical purposes, for each page accessed:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- top-level of your domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- address of your server;
- date and time of your visit to the site;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- previous site visited; and
- type of browser and operating system you have used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
Data storage and disclosure
Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by the Art Gallery of NSW for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
The data is used by Art Gallery of NSW website software, and by staff involved in Art Gallery of NSW operations, only for:
- website and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches;
- customisation of the website to user needs; and
- evaluation, research and development.
Staff who operate the Sydney International Art Series website are subject to the New South Wales Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.